Simple Steps to Prepare your Vehicle for Winter
Winter can be damaging to your vehicle and can ruin your plans for a joy-trip with your loved ones. But you can certainly beat the season by preparing your vehicle ahead. Here represent a few fundamental steps to do so.
4 Tips to Prepare Your Nissan for Winter in Manchester.
1. CLEAN AND WAX YOUR VEHICLE
A thorough cleanse makes the interiors hygienic and removes dirt and dust off the windshield, lights, and more. This leads to greater visibility and prevents accidents, especially on roads that are ice, snow or slush-heavy.
Placing a fresh coat of wax will not only make your vehicle shine but also prevent rusting. Both are common during the winter season.
2. CHOOSE THE RIGHT VEHICLE OIL
The oil keeps the engine lubricated and running. However, the essential fluid must have the right thickness so that it does not tighten due to the temperatures in winter. Check your vehicle manual to know the right kind of oil for the season.
3. MAKE YOUR VEHICLE TIRES WINTER-READY
Tires are the most important components to inspect during winters since they provide the essential grip and traction to stay safe on winter-slippery roads. Check the following to ensure that your tires are in good shape:
- Tire Tread – Perform the classic Lincoln test to know if your tire tread is intact. Insert a cent upside down so that Lincoln’s head goes into the tire tread. If Lincoln’s entire head is visible, then you must equip new tires as the tread is worn off.
- Tire Pressure – The tire pressure comes down with decreasing temperatures. Maintaining the right inflation is crucial to ensure your vehicle maintains a firm grip and responds promptly to steering directions. Low tire pressure also damages tires early.
- Winter Tires – Consider installing winter tires for your vehicle. Being purpose-built, they can withstand the harsh road conditions in winter and provide a more pleasant, safer ride.
4. INVEST IN WINTER CAR SERVICE
Many on-road risks are avoidable with timely maintenance. A professional winter service takes care of several potential issues. This includes tires, oil change, antifreeze levels, battery problems, windshield wipers, and brakes/lights. This assures so that you drive dependable transportation for winter.
If you are in or near Manchester City, take the time to visit us. You can avail our attractive winter discounts and have your model ready for the season ahead. Visit us today!